It’s happened. Yes, the time has come – our applications have now closed. And honestly, we’ve been seriously impressed.
The quality this year has been second to none, and whilst that’s made things harder for us, it’s a pretty awesome problem to have.
It’s been a record year for us with well over 300 applications, even surpassing Ed’s ambition target by TWO – and so now we’re in the process of whittling it down to our top applications, with only 2% getting through.
We recently did a little digging into the numbers, countries and themes of applications this year and it seems the snippet that created the biggest buzz was that Brexit has made no impact on quality, numbers or location whatsoever.
But for those wondering what happens next, here’s a quick rundown:
1. Startups will hear back from us with a yes or a no.
2. For those who get through will move onto screening.
These sessions are with Collider cofounders, Rose and Andy.
3. If they make it through that (WAHOO!) then it’s time for Pitch Camp.
That’s where we help startups clean up their deck before meeting investors.
4. In the meantime, our investors will receive some reading material on our top 20 startups.
5. Then it’s Selection Day!
– or more commonly known in the Collider office as ‘The Big one’. Each investor will have a vote and will be asked to nominate their top choices.
Want more information on the selection process? We’ve got that for you right here.